Friday, April 23, 2010

Still hanging in there

I have made it through most of today feeling OK. The anti-nausea pills still seem to be working, although I don't have much of an appetite. I met with the surgeon who put in my port and he said it was healing well. I got the shot at my doctor's office to up my white blood cell count and found out I'm not allergic to it. Then my mom and I went to the mall and ran a few errands. I figured this could be the best I feel for a few days. The shot is supposed to give me bone pain...great. So I could be fighting bone pain and nausea over the next few days. It will be like having the flu.

I'd like to go out and see my friends tonight, but I'd also like to just stay home and rest. It's a dilemma I have: I don't want to wear myself out but yet I want to see people.

I should get a respite from doctor's appointments and such for a few days. I meet with my doctor again next week, but then don't have anything until the following week for blood work and chemo no. 2.

Even though my scale says I haven't lost that much weight, I do find my clothes are getting a little looser. I tried on a pair of pants today at a store I regularly shop at in a size I usually wear there and they just fell off of me. There's no way I'm back down to a size 2. :P

I find myself pretty comfortable on this couch right now. I hope I feel this good tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. You don't have to go out to see people... we're all willing to come to you to hang out... plus that gives Jonathan time to go see his friends in order to escape all the estrogen in the house. :)

    ReplyDelete