Monday, April 19, 2010

Snip snip


I cut my hair off today. It was a pre-emptive strike. I figure if it's going to start falling out, why not mitigate the damages and have less to fall out. My hair hasn't been this short since I was a kid. This is one way I can try to take control of my disease. I'll beat you to the punch cancer!

I went to work today. It was nice being in the office because it took my mind off things, except when the port would hurt. I still must be pretty stiff because my shoulder, neck and back hurt on the right side. I find it hard to relax, maybe because I fear I'll hurt my port. There will be times I'm just standing there and it starts to throb. Not fun.

I have to have a blood draw tomorow and attempt number 2 at my PET scan. I hope the doctor can just use the catheter they use for the blood draw, leave it in, and then I can go to the PET scan people ready to go. I refuse to be poked 6 times again. I also hope that my doctor doesn't use my port for the blood. I'm not ready for that. I know it probably won't hurt anymore than a vein in my arm, but really, who wants a (bigger) needle going in their chest? I don't. But I also don't want cancer, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment