Thursday, April 15, 2010

If you stick me with that thing one more time

I had my PET scan scheduled for this afternoon. In theory, I should just be getting done with it. However, the nurse/tech whatever you call them at the imagining center couldn't get the IV in. We came to the conclusion that the IV wasn't going into me after about an hour and probably 5 or 6 attempts. My right hand hurts pretty bad and is already bruised from one attempted. Most of the other attempts feel ok.

The problem is I have been stuck so much this week that it was difficult to find a good vein for the IV. I've had to rescheduled the test for next Tuesday. At least by then I'll have my port. But here's the twist - my oncologist said they couldn't do it through the port. She also asked if I wanted to go to her office to have them put the IV in and then go back, but I was like, sorry I already rescheduled and I didn't want to go through any more pain today (Oh ok, I was actually already in the drive thru for McDonald's, but she didn't need to know that!)

She said Tuesday was ok and if I wanted to, I could go in there first to get my IV put in. She also told me that I AM starting chemo next week. I have to be at her office at 1 p.m. this first time to make sure I won't have an allergic reaction to one of the drugs. I'm sure I'll be on edge that day, but I know this needs to get started. The sooner it gets done, the quicker it's done right??

Everyone say a prayer that my visit tomorrow goes well, they can get the IV in, I get the good drugs, and wake up with my port and biopsy done. I know I'm going to be very anxious tonight and tomorrow morning before this, especially now with all the IV drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment