Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's the little things

I went into work for the morning today. It was nice to get in there. I was able to talk with a co-worker who has just finished chemo and radiation for breast cancer. I believe she's doing well and has beaten the cancer for now. I hope it doesn't come back! She showed me her port, which looks weird and she said feels weird at first but then you get used to it.

She left a nice present for me on my chair before I left. It's a chemo bag - a cute little purse with chemo goodies in it. It has lotion, lip balm, gum, cookies, and a book. things she learned were helpful during chemo. I really appreciated it. I've received a lot of well wishes and presents in the last few weeks. Too bad the reason I'm getting them is crappy, but I love knowing how many people are pulling for me and keeping the hubby and I in their thoughts and prayers. It's nice to get a card in the mail or a nice e-mail. I'm saving them all and plan to put them in a box so I can look at them when I'm having a rough day or look back at them after I've beat the cancer and can say look how great people are!

No comments:

Post a Comment