Saturday, April 17, 2010

The first cut is the deepest

Wow. I was not prepared for how I would feel today. I got up early this morning to go to the bathroom and just about passed out. I felt a lot of pain and throbbing in my port area. I felt dizzy and nauseaus and had to wake up Jonathan just in case I passed out. I've been fighting that feeling all morning. I'm trying to sit up more now so that my wounds are in a different position. Why did I not get any pain pills?? Although unless they are tiny or liquid, wouldn't be able to take them. I have extra strength liquid tylenol, but I think it easily upsets my stomach. I tried eating some dry toast. I also put on a bra, but on the outside of my tank top. The extra support helps. It really is a site to see. :)

Now I know why people hate their ports at first. I hate how much pain I'm in because they cut through skin and muscle, but also because there is a foreign thing in my body. Thinking about that turns my stomach. I've actually tried to not look at it much. Pretty bad I know, but until I feel better I think that's the best option. My lovely husband has decided to stay home and help me out today instead of camping with his friends. I can't really lift anything right now and did I mention how sore I am??

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE call your doctor's office--someone should be on call and they might be able to give you something stronger than tylenol--maybe you could crush the pills and put them in liquid or maybe there's a liquid formula? There has to be something they give kids, anyways, that might work. If you are in pain your focus won't be where it needs to be.

    OK, I promise to stop nagging now.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete