Saturday, April 17, 2010

Light the night

Today was the Susan G. Komen walk for breast cancer. It's amazing to see 40,000 people getting together to celebrate survivors, raise money, and participate in memory of those who couldn't beat the disease.

I knew Lymphoma had to have one and it does: Oct. 16 at Victory Field. It's an evening 2 mile walk. I really hope to be winding down with chemo by then and think this would be a great way to celebrate that, while raising money for lukemia and lymphoma research and outreach.

Anyone interested? I don't want to be preachy or force anyone to donate money or do something they don't want to, but I'd like to do it if anyone wants to join me. If there's enough interest, we can start a team!

http://www.lightthenight.org/in/ways/ if you want more info on the Indiana chapter of the LLS.

2 comments:

  1. whether it be at trivial pursuit, catchphrase or a lymphoma walk i am always willing to be on your team, count me in

    ReplyDelete