Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's been one week

The doc says I'm doing pretty good. All my side effects seemed normal and she said the chemo is causing the acid/stomach issue. I'm awaiting a prescription for acid reflux/heartburn.

As you are aware, I have problems swallowing pills. My doc wrote me a script for nexium suspended. But apparently pharmacies don't know how to do this. So the pharmacy has to call Dr. Shorty's office in the morning and figure out what to do. The pharmacist showed me the pill form and they weren't too bad, so I may be able to do it.

the doc said my neck looks really good on both side. My port/incisions are healing well and my lumpy neck has definitely gone down. She said that's good that it's gone down that quickly. she also mentioned I may not need another white blood cell shot for a few more times.

They sneak attacked me and had to draw blood. I demanded out of my arm because I wasn't emotionally prepared for my port to be poked. I know that's the point of the port, but it's just weird to see a needle coming at your chest. My arm is a little sore but I'm no worse for the wear.

Hopefully this new prescription will help. If it does, I think I'll feel so much better.


On a different note. I'm having a bad hair day, but hey, at least I still have hair. :P I'm not washing my hair every day, mostly out of fear. Dr. Shorty said it may not fall out, but if it doesn't it will stop growning and change texture. I can deal with this 'do for the next six months... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment