Monday, May 31, 2010

I realized that I haven't blogged much lately. That's due to me feeling pretty good and being very busy. Work has kept me busy in the evenings and with it being Memorial Day weekend, we've had a lot of activities.
I think the heartburn/acid pill I've been taking has been working. The farther away from treatment i get, the better I feel. I've had a slight cough the past couple days, so I probably need to mention that. I think It could be allergies.
I've had the shaved head for about a week now. I haven't trimmed it down yet; not sure if I will. i can kind of get away with this look, but buzzing it down more will really make me stick out. My wig still isn't in - apparently the color was backorded and should be in this week I believe. I hoped to have it for my friend's wedding this weekend, but I just had to free ball it. I did wear a hat in the sun.
I'm hoping this next treatment thursday goes as well as this past one. Yes, I was much more nauseas, but the constipation and other issues were minimized. I'll take a couple days of mild nauseau to feel well the rest of the time. I need to start my Miralax again tonight to prep for chemo. hoping it works as well as it did last time. I also need to focus on chugging the water and eating the fiber like I did last time.
i'm also pretty sure my MRSA medicine (Note; that's just what I call it, but it's to prevent pneumonia/infection) reeks havoc on my digestive system in the form of toots. So, I apologize if I'm around you and I toot. But it's ok, it's because of the cancer. :P
It's funny how many people I talked to this weekend who read this blog. It's weird to think other people read this sometimes, but it's also good so that people know what's going on with me. I appreciate everyone's good wishes and support. It really makes it easier knowing people are sympathetic, understanding, and just positive about it. I'm trying to have a good attitude through this - despite all the negative blog posts. I've realized I blog when i feel like crap because it's cathartic. It helps me deal with how I feel. So yes, I do whine and complain, but it's probably not as much as it seems based on this blog.
I'll try to blog some more soon. thursday is round 4 in the thunderdome, end of cycle two. I'd like to say that I beat cancer/chemo this round, so, take that cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment