Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Round 2

Tomorrow I go in for chemo treatment no. 2. After this, I'll be done with my first cycle. Only 5 (10 times) more to go! Thunderdome, here I come!
I had to give blood today. My mistake in not calling ahead to see if someone could draw for my port led to me having blood taken out of my arm. I didn't even feel it! This woman was amazing. :) Sadly, I was kind of relieved Mort would be spared a poke. But the whole point of the port is to make it easier to access a vein, so I need to just suck it up and let them poke it for blood.
I'm not sure if I'll be nervous or anxious tomorrow, since I know what is going to happen. I guess I'm just more concerned about how I'll feel after. I have friends' wedding reception Saturday I'd really like to go to.
I think my hair may be getting ready to fall out. I know I've said that a lot, but I've noticed hair not from the top of my hair coming out pretty easily. Let's hope my head hair stays or just thins out a little. Just in case, I purchased another hat. It's like a fancy fedora or something from Target. It's black with a band of sequence. I figure I can wear it to weddings or something if I need a fancy-ish hat.
I feel really good right now. Again, I worry is this the best I'm going to feel for a while. Probably, but hopefully with each treatment, I still have "good days."

No comments:

Post a Comment