Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hair! Hair Hair Hair!

I'll have one less excuse for why I can't hang out - I'm planning on shaving the ol' noggin soon. I won't be able to say "Sorry, I've got to wash my hair." Wait, I never did, but you know...

As has been widely reported in this blog, I'm shedding like an animal that sheds a lot. (Cat? Dog? Llama?) The husband graciously picks hairs off of me. I've been using a sticky lint roller to clean off my pillow. I'm just losing so much hair, it's sad. While my hair still looks ok, I'm afraid to comb it or wash it. Thus, it's looking pretty nasty. I haven't washed it since Thursday or Friday. I plan on washing it again tomorrow and then that will probably be the last time I wash my original hair. Post-cancer hair will probably be different. Who knows, I could be rocking curly hair.

I hestitate to shave it because then i will look "sick." I will stick out and people will know I'm ill. I hate sticking out but that's what I will do every time I go to the office, out to the mall or just out in public. Granted, and sadly, lots of people have cancer, so it's not such a shock to the system to see a bald lady with a hat. But it doesn't make it any easier.

To help lighten the situation, because I'm sure I will be bawling when my head is shaved (and I'm starting to tear up just writing this) I want to give myself a mohawk. :) Then I'll shave it off, but I've always loved mohawks (and guys with mohawks) so I thought now's probably the best time to go for it.

I'll let you know when I decide to shave it off. My brother said he'd shave his head too. We'll find out - although I'd rather he just get a proper hair cut.

I'm feeling a lot better right now, although my digestive system is a bit off. I was back to being regular, but I started taking Miralax yesterday in hopes of preventing constipation again. My doc suggested it. It definitely messed me up this morning. I just hope that it works because constipation AINT' FUN. I'll take minor discomfort for a few days to prevent that stuff, literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment