Monday, May 3, 2010

A hat trick! I have had 3 good days in a row. No medicine, no aches, no pains, no stomach acid, acid reflux, headaches, mouth sores, or extreme fatigue! It's been great. I'm so happy to have had these days. I've felt normal and I love it. It's almost like I can forget I have cancer temporarily.

Partly due to treatment, partly due to stress, I've lost nearly 10 pounds in a month. Sadly, this makes me happy as I was trying to lose weight before I got sick. Now, I don't really want to lose any more weight. i have a feeling I'll be yo-yoing through treatment, especially if I feel ok like I do now half the time. My hope is I stay at a healthy weight, and then I can maintain that weight when I'm done with chemo. :P

It's weird how much more heavy I feel when I hear someone has died from cancer. I just learned a neighbor recently lost her battle and Lynn Redgrave just died from breast cancer. Now it's not that I think because this person had cancer, I'm going to die. We've all got different cancers. but it does make one think more about how prevalent cancer is. Once I beat this, I want to get more involved in cancer organizations and charities. I encourage you to do so if you feel like you want to get involved in something and don't know where to start. Heck, just get involved in something that you enjoy. For the longest time, I've wanted to volunteer at Dress for Success but hours never worked out for me.

I go in for chemo thursday, so I'm hoping for a couple more good days before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment