Friday, May 21, 2010

i'm on cycle 2

Unfortuanatly I didn't travel back in time to be on America's next top model with Yohanna. I start round 1, cycle 2 yesterday. And yet again, everyone was right - you feel worse as it goes on. I felt a little crappy while getting the chemo yesterday. I got home and was just wiped out. I think I made a mistake ineating dinner. Actually I made a mistake in eating as much as i did. I should have stuck with the salad and rice and passed on the chicken creaole Betsy made. It was yummy. Oh I also had a yummy muffin/brownie thingie. Maybe that put me over the edge.
I woke upat 2 a.m. and shot straight up in bed. I felt so sick and was drenched in sweat. I quickly popped another anti-nausea pill, an hour before I was scheduled do. Luckily i didnt get sick. I slept on and off until about 8:30. Now I'm sipping on semi flat 7up. I am not due to take another pill until 7, so I hope I make it. I think my stomach just growed. I'll probably hold off a little more before trying toast.
Hopefully I can fight off the nasea because I need to drink A LOt more liquids. I don't want to get constipated again.
Since I've graduated to cycle 2, my routine changes slighty. chemo remains the same time and day, but now I only have to get blood drawn the Wednesday before. hooray! I also have to start taking Septa every day. Yes, of course I got the suspension form. I'm going to start taking in later when I feel better. I hope it tastes OK. It smells grapey. I apparently have to take this until I'm done with the chemos. It's to prevent pnemonia i think. Dr. Shorty also gave me a sample of a drug to help with my stomach. It's a pill but it doesn't seem so big, so hopefully I can take it with no problems. It's so pyschological. ugh.
I'm laying in bed typing this. I wanted to stay closer to the bathroom just in case. Thanks for all the well wishes yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment