Sunday, May 9, 2010

I haven't taken an anti-nausea pill since 4:30 p.m. yesterday, so that's good. I hope I'm done with them for now. Seriously, the thought of taking one now makes me nauseas, counterproductive no?
still backed up. It's so annoying and makes me feel worse than I probably would right now. It may be laxitive time today. blah.
I'm feeling the mouth getting more sensitive - started noticing it yesterday evening in my mouth and throat. Luckily still have some Mary's magic mouthwash to tide me over until it passes. (At least I hope it passes!) Again, i could feel worse, but really I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
I was able to make it to Bob and Maryann's reception for about 3 hours. I didn't get to dance much because I was tired. I also got kind of emotional as the night went on, and I'm not sure why. Maybe I was just overwhelmed, thinking about how just a few months ago I was getting married and cancer wasn't even in my mind, or perhaps I was jealous of everyone out there dancing and having a good time while I was sitting there with Mort (my port) watching. I've done pretty good trying not to get down about this, but there are times when it just hits me.

I got a huge packet of info from the local Lukemia and Lymphoma society in the mail. I'm still serious about getting a team together for the Light the Night walk in October. I can be the team leader unless someone else would like to step up for that. I think I'd like to shoot for $1,000 as a goal. That seems feasible, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment