Saturday, May 15, 2010

Let's try an experiment

I've decided to conduct an independent study on me. As faithful readers of my blog know, I've been strugglin since Tuesday with indigestion/stomach acid/etc. I took my prescription medication for it Wednesday - friday. That didn't help. Doc suggested maalox too. That provided temporary relief. I even took some generic tums last night, which I think helped a little too.

So this morning, when I woke up I felt OK. Not 100 percent, but at least not in pain. I didn't take my normal morning dose of the prescritption. I ate a little bit of oatmeal and drank some water. A little while later, didn't feel great, but not as bad as I have. A few hours go by and now I've eaten a little bit of salad about 10 minutes ago. And now I wait again... If my stomach starts hurting, then I know I'm just screwed. If I feel OK, then I think my prescription is either not working or part of the problem.

Then, I decide whether to try taking a dose of the prescription and see what happens.

I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE: 7:06 p.m.
I caved and took the prescription. I wasn't feel so good after eating so I thought it wouldn't hurt. I also took some tums. then I started to feel a little better, so I ate half a bagel with pb&J on it. then I felt awful....

cut to 6:30. the hubby and I ate lasagna. I immediately popped some tums after finishing. I'm hoping to prevent the pain or equalize it. So far, well, I definitely feel weird in the tummy, but not as bad as I have. But it's only been about 20 minutes since I ate and a lot of times it takes about an hour for me to just feel awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment