Friday, May 7, 2010

I should have drank more in college

The reason? I'd be better at taking shots. As has been well documented in this blog, I struggle taking pills that are any larger than rice or a pea. Well, I need to start taking an acid reflux/heartburn med. My fear was I couldn't swallow the pill, so doc wrote the previous mentioned suspension version of Nexium.

Even though I've felt better, Dr. Shorty insisted I take it every day, so today I attempted to take it. Let me just say, the deck was stacked against me. I needed to dump the orange granules into 15 ml of water, about half a shot glass. So that's what I did, I filled the shot glass with the water and medicine. stir and let thicken. It doesn't get really thick, but it's not the smoothest going down. And it really doesn't take good. It doesn't taste awful, but it's not good.

the first time I tried to take it like a shot, fail. I never could do the "down the hatch" thus I've taken like 3 shots in my entire life. I had to spit that out and try again. Attempt two, I took it in like 3 sips. UGH. Just gross. I had to have a chaser - apple juice. :P

It doesn't help that I have lingering nausea/grossness, so I don't really want to eat or drink anything. And i have to take it at least 30 minutes before I eat anything, so that means early in the morning. I'm not a morning person and sometimes have a hard time eating in the morning. This is why the deck is stacked against me.

I slept pretty poorly last night. After my first round of chemo I slept great. this time I had a hard time falling asleep, kept waking up. I felt kind of sick in the middle of the night which didn't help. TMI alert - also had some lovely attack of the bowels last night. (I realize in normal circumstances, I probably wouldn't share my bowel movements with you, or some of my thoughts in general, however, this blog is also for me to remember all this stuff, too, so sorry if diarrhea or constipation talk bothers you.:P )

I probably got about 7 hours of sleep, just woke up about an hour ago. I'm going to try to take it easy, hopefully eat something soon, although I really want to go shoe and purse shopping... thank god for online shopping, right Aunt Merdean? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment