Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Four!

Editor's note: Math was never my strong suit, so I got my numbers wrong. Today I will be a THIRD of the way through, 33 percent! Carry on.
Tomorrow is round No. 4 in the bout between cancer and me. Hooha! In one way, this time is going very quickly, but in another, it's moving at a snails pace. October seems so far away.
As I recently wrote, I've been feeling really good lately. I'm not 100 percent, and wont' be until after all this crap is gone, but I'd say I've been at 89%. Tummy still kind of hurts occassionally, but nothing like last time.
I had Budbs tonight for dinner - I may regret it later. ;)It's the first time I've had it since the week I found the lump. I missed you Bdubs.
I had my blood draw today and every time I go, the people do it differently. I haven't had the same person. Some clean my port off, some don't. One lady made me wear a mask because shes' uber paranoid. At least the numbing cream works!
I've been busy at work and working tonight. I am going to try to get at least 3 hours of work in, maybe more. We'll see how long I can stare at the computer. For our new site, they are locking us out starting Friday until Monday. So, even if I felt ok,there really wouldn't be anything for me to do for the new site. I guess I'll just take the day off. But it's not like I've been working that Friday anyway, but I was going to try to get a few hours in if I could.
My wig still isn't here, but I did get another hat. It's a white hat, similar to the girlie brown baseball hat I got. Hair is still falling out rapidly, but I think I'm not going to shave it.I see no need. Although I did find my hair in my taco at lunch. That was not cool.
I have to go in early tomorrow for chemo. I guess the late night nurse, whose name escapes me right now (Tam, Lam,) something German-ish, won't be in. I hope then to be home by 5:30. Hopefully i'll keep the nausea in check and can just be a lazy bum this weekend. :P

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Thinking of you today and definitely cheering for Team Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete