Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Had my blood drawn today. Hopefully my white blood cells were doing their job and regenerating so I'll be able to have chemo tomorrow. I'll be VERY sad if I have to postpone it again for many reasons - I rescheduled my Jersey Boys Tickets to next Thursday and I'm going! I was supposed to go tomorrow but because of the chemo switch, I had to move the tickets. I don't want to do it again.
So, if all goes well, I'll have chemo, then go in Friday for a shot. yay.
I apparently have a good port. Everyone who's used it to draw blood compliments me on it. Today, the nurse asked me if she just has to poke it in the center. She said that some people's ports shift or something. I'm like, uh, what? No, Mort follows directions and he is where he should be. Dr. Gupta does good work, so if you ever need a port, I recommend him. :)

She also asked me what size needle they usually use. How do I know? The one that comes in that sterile bag! :P She didn't ask because she was dumb, but she just wanted to follow with what I've always done. But I don't know these things. I have to turn away half the time because it's weird seing a tube coming out of my chest with blood in it.

Light the Night update: We're 42 percent to our goal! Kate up'd it to $1500. Woo! I've got $275. yay! If you're feeling generous, feel free to donate at http://pages.lightthenight.org/in/Indianap10/JNelson
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment