Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hello friends! Sorry for the long delay in blogging. You see, I have a life outside of cancer that takes me away from here sometimes. I've just been busy with work and having a social life, as well as not really having much to blog about. I don't want to bore you with the same ol' same ol' "I'm nauseas" "My stomach hurts" "I've pooped!" I don't want to sound like a broken record.
I also find when I'm feeling OK, I blog less, so take a lack of posts as a good sign for me.
I've worn my wig a few times, but it's been so hot that I don't want to. It makes me warm wearing it. I wore it to work twice, but had to take it off a few times to air my head out. Nylon doesn't breathe. But I've gotten many compliments on it. It's a very cute wig. But I feel like it screams, HEY I'M A WIG! LOOK! And as faithful blog readers know about me, I don't really care for being the center of attention or even noticed (typically).
Monday I went to a Look Good Feel Better class offered by the American Cancer Society. I was hoping to get more out of it, but I did get a bunch of random makeup. Basically, I learned how to put on a lot of makeup - more make up than I'd ever wear. I did learn how to draw on eyebrows, so that's helpful in case mine fall out. They are still there -in fact I still have quite a bit of body hair and hair on my head. I've definitely lost a lot, don't get me wrong, but since I was a fairly hairy woman, that has been advantageous because I still have some left. I know I've lost a lot of nose hairs and that just feels funny when I breathe in sometimes.
I've been tired a lot, but this weekend has been good. I had a great Tuesday - I felt like I could have run a couple miles. Wednesday and Thursday were struggles for me. I even had to work from home one day because my stomach just wasn't right. Boo. But I seem to be back on track, just in time to start getting ready for chemo No. 5. Johnny 5 is alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment