Thursday, June 3, 2010

No chemo for me

I got to Dr. Shorty's this afternoon for chemo only to find out that my white blood cell count is too low to have chemo today. If i went ahead and had it, chances are I'd end up in the hospital.
This isn't uncommon and pushes me back a week. By then, the thought is my WBC count will be back up to a level inwhich I can have the chemo. This also means that I'll have to have that nuestra shot each Friday after chemo. It bumps up my wbc count. I had it right after my first treatment. I was afraid based on what I had read that it wold debilitate me, but I don't remember it being too bad. Perhaps I should go back and ready my previous posts. It can cause severe bone pain. I remember feeling sore, but nothing that wasn't tolerable. It went away after a few days.
I'm disappointed because this means I will be done later than I expected. I knew when my treatments were and were able to plan stuff around them. Now when I thought I'd feel good this month, I won't, and vice versa. For example, we have Jersey Boys tickets for next Thursday. That' chemo day now and so I can't go. I'm hoping I can move them to another night. :(
The silver lining in this set back is that I will hopefully feel fine when we launch our new Web site next week. My fear was I'd feel like crap and be useless. Maybe this is God's way of making sure I can be of most use to my company. So, I get another week of feeling good. I am tired though. Not sure if it's the low WBC count, or the disappointment of not getting another treatment over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment