Friday, July 23, 2010

it's 6 am and i can't sleep

so i blog. I've been up for an hour and can't sleep. popped another anti nausea pill. hoping i will get sleepy. For your reading pleasure, here are some random thoughts and happenings that I haven't yet shared.

- I find I get looked at funny more when I wear my wig than a hat. This could be one of three reasons: 1 I just look smoking hot in my wig (what I want to believe) 2 my wig looks so obviously like a wig that people are trying to figure out why i'm wearing a wig (most likely true) or 3 my wig has shifted and they are staring at my busted wig. (also a strong possibilty)
wigs aren't not always fun to wear. they are very hot. they are high maintenance compared to a hat. you put the hat on your head and you are done. The wig requires lining it up properly on your head. wigs shift. you don't know how many times i've gone to the bathroom at work (passing many people) only to discover my wig moved and i look like crazy wig lady. :P

Hey my stomach just growled, that doesn't happen much these first days after chemo. hmm...still don't want to eat though.

Mort is a coversation starter. I have purchased some tops that cover him up and my scar, but most of the time i don't care and will wear whatever i want. I wore a deep v tee shirt out when looking for trees with the hubby and the woman at the place asked me if i had cancer. She said she noticed my port. then we chatted about cancer, she had breast cancer which i deduced before she told me based on the breast cancer tee shirt she was wearing. Turns out she went to dr. shorty for treatment but now has a different oncologist. she didn't seem to happy with dr. shorty after her treatment but didn't go into it. she did bring up a point that i have heard before: docs often don't bring up all the stuff that may happen afterwards while you are being treated. they wait until you are done and then you are bombared with it. someone told me that people who get chemo have a higher chance of depression later. I guess chemo messess with your seratonin and such in the brain.

After this treatment, i go in for 8 and then i'll have a CT scan. then we'll see who's really winning in the thunderdome. (PS, as you know, i picked the thunderdome reference before Mel Gibson went off the deep end again, crazy mel.)

I'm going to try to go back to sleep again. wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment