Thursday, July 22, 2010

health care runaround

I'm still fighting with the insurance company over my first CT scan - the one ordered the day after I found the lump in my neck. I went to the family doc who immediately sent me to Clarian West for an ultra sound. That ultra sound led to the doc at Clarian wanting to do a scan and biopsy. He said he had to call my family doc. Then I had the test.
I was under the impression that my family doc had to certify it...turns out Clarian may be the one that goofed. The lovely rep at Aetna was very helpful today and said she'd call Clarian and figure out what's going on. She said as Clarian was the one that ordered and performed the test, they should have pre certified it. I also don't remember signing something that said I'd pay for it, but I could have. That's key because the rep also said that if Clarian was the one that was supposed to pre certify then they shouldn't be billing me until it's worked out. I've received 3 bills with a stern warning they'll send me to collections. UGH. My account is on hold until until 8/2, but I have to call next week and tell Clarian what's going on. Hopefully Theresa from Atena has it solved by then.
On principle, I refuse to pay all of this bill (and that it's nearly $2,000) I DID NOT MESS UP - SOMEONE ELSE DID, yet i'm punished. Those stupid release forms should say "Make sure your stuff is pre certified by your insurer or else you may be billed for more than you expect." I was distraught, I don't remember what I signed. That's what I'll tell the judge. ;P

Today is 7 of 12. The count downward begins! woo. I hope to do as well as I did last time because I really didn't have too many problems this past round. Nausea sucked, but I get through it. Mind over matter. I just can't wait for this to be over!

No comments:

Post a Comment