Saturday, September 11, 2010

Stand up 2 cancer

Woohoo! I had labs Friday morning and I didn't need to keep having the shot through the weekend, so that means no more shot for a while! I'm not a wuss when it comes to shots, but man, these shots hurt. It may be that my husband is giving them to me and not as skilled as a nurse who does this a lot or it may just be the shot hurts.

It hit me within the last few days that my cancer run is winding down. I've had tunnel vision on to get through this that I was just so focused on getting through a treatment then getting back to "normal." I haven't done any cancer activities, gone to support groups, or really taken advantage of the resources out there for me. So my goal is to go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma support group Monday. they meet the second monday of the month up on the NW side and I completely forgot about it until recently. I'd like to meet some people with HL or at least other blood disorders. Because as wonderful as my friends and famiy have been through this, most of them have no idea what this is like (thank god!) and it would be nice to talk to others who get it. I'll try to hold off on the cancer jokes until I get a feel of the crowd. Some people don't have good senses of humor but hey, if I can't joke about it then it just makes it worse!

Stand up 2 cancer was on TV last night. I feel like the phenomenon that you don't notice something until it's pointed out to you and then you see it all the time, well that's happening with me and cancer. I didn't really pay attention to cancer that much before I was diagnosed, and now I feel like it's everywhere! Stand up 2 cancer on TV, celebrities getting diagnosed, people dying, billboards, tv shows, it's everywhere!

Light the Night is about a month away. Time to start getting your donations, walkers! And you can always make a donation to our team at www.lightthenight.org and search Redteam! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment