Thursday, September 30, 2010

more trouble in paradise

Had my blood drawn this morning to make sure my WBC will allow for chemo. My blood did not want to cooperate. Things didn't get off on a good start when I got there and there was no order from my doc's office. So we had to page dr. shorty and have her call in the order.

Finally we get the order, then there's so much trouble getting a blood return. Eventually we get some but the nurse is worried that my port is clotting up so I need to get an injection in there to make sure it doesn't clot.

Oh about that clotting, just got a call from the lab as i'm typing this that my blood clotted and they can't use it so now i have to go back to the lab and get it drawn through my arm. AH, but when am I supposed to go is the question as I'm stuck here with workers and need to get this done this morning.

Seriously, are the powers that be trying to keep me from having chemo?? BOO URNs. This is way more stressful than it needs to be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment