Friday, August 20, 2010

Boom! Take that Cancer - Chemo #9

Hello all this is Jonathan writing in my wife's place.

I first want to start this post off with the sincerest of apologies, as I by no means have the elegance, ability, or wordsmithiness of my lady friend. Being an engineer if I were a regular contributor to this blog the number of faithful followers and friends reading this would be decreasing exponentially. I would graph that to show you all but I do not have a large enough data set and the variance would probably be too big to really extrapolate any useful information from the results.

Ok, with that being said we had Chemo #9 yesterday and got the results of the CT scan. Drum roll please......Jenn passed with flying colors. Dr. Shorty told us the the results showed significant improvement and if the CT scan after the last chemo (#12) looked the same we should be done with treatment. In fact the good Doc joked that she should make us a copy of the scan so we can frame it and we can hang it next to Jenn's IU diploma. That would work our perfectly since there is room there on the wall because I don't hang my diploma as it is from a lesser university and it can't stand aside one from IU.

Back to the test, we are ecstatic about the results. I think Jenn was too pleased and that is why she became nauseous after treatment and decided to stay in bed all day or maybe that is because of the treatment. After I think about it, I bet it is the chemo treatment. These last two chemo sessions have really been hard on her. I think the knowledge that there are only a few more remaining makes it a little easier but feeling nauseous isn't fun at all. Being a good husband I try my best to take care of her and give her anything she needs. I also get the opportunity to get on her and tell her to drink more fluids. I get to be the one nagging for once, I kid but once this is over if I have to watching another "Say Yes to the Dress", "What not to wear", "Bethenny gets Married" or "Golden Girls" I might scream.

I take that back, I am the luckiest man alive to get this time and the good Lord has helped us through this disease so we will be able to watch "Bethenny gets divorced because she is bat sh!t crazy" next year.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know--this is pretty funny. I might retract my facebook comment for Jenn to hit Jonathan :)

    KJB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very happy the results were good. Jenn, you have been amazing through all of this, especially during a stressful time at work. I don't know that I could do what you've been doing and with such grace. I know it hasn't been easy, but you are so strong and ... well, just amazing! Hope this last part goes well and the final scan is it!

    ReplyDelete