Thursday, March 31, 2011

All aboard the crazy cancer train...

It was a year ago today that I punched my ticket for the crazy cancer train. It was a year ago today that I went to the doctor for the strange swelling in my neck and ending up having more tests, blood work, and doctor visits than I had in my previous 29 years combined.

There are some things about that day that I can remember clearly. What I was wearing, that it was VERY hot out, looking out the window at Clarian West while bawling on the phone to my husband that they wanted to do a biopsy and more tests. (I was by myself for the initial tests). I really don't know how I drove home that day. I managed to compose myself enough to call work to let them know what was going on.

I had my biopsy two days later, found out I had cancer three days after that, and it was full speed ahead on the cancer train from that point on. Unfortunately it wasn't a high speed train, and it took about 7 months for me to get off that train. What a long and bumpy ride. It seems SO long ago, yet like I just finished chemo two weeks ago.

Goodbye cancer train, I hope I don't ever have to purchase another ticket to ride on your stupid train again. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment