Thursday, December 23, 2010

bye bye mort

Today Mort and I parted ways for hopefully ever. I don't want him to be that guy I can't let go of and have an on again/off again relationship.

I wasn't very nervous going in, more anxious. The nurse got my IV started in one stick, so she's my new BFF. i talked about asking to keep mort or seeing him, but after meeting with the doc, who is a very straightforward guy who seemed to not know what humor is, i decided against asking.

The doc kept asking if I was in remission and such, which started to make me nervous that he thought I was getting my port out too soon. The way in which he asked made it sound like, are you sure, you just finished chemo, maybe it's not a good idea. But I figured I was already hooked up and I didn't want the day to be a waste. Besides my oncologist told me to go ahead and get it out. Booya!

I don't remember this part, so it's hearsay from my father and husband. The nurse said as she was wheeling me out of surgery to recovery, that I kept talking about mort and how I was breaking up with him. Can I just say how awesome am I that in an uncoherent state I was able to articulate my relationship with mort. :P

After my husband left to go to work (which I don't remember), I started to feel ill, so my dad took me home. I laid down for a while and then felt ok. So, hopefully all I'll be left with now of this whole cancer experience is this scar, which looks pretty gnarly right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment